5,9km 241m 2h
For centuries and until the 1934 road was built, two ways connected the Alegia quarter to Itsaso main. We propose rediscovering those two ways with this circular route.
The starting point can be either Itsaso or Alegia. Aside from the many points of interest both quarters offer, there are others you can see along the way.
Starting from Itsaso, one of the civil monuments is the Oria Homestead, located in the nucleus.
The next point of interest when starting to descend towards Alegia is the mandio-zubi of Egiluzeazpi(1),
and below we will find the the lime-kiln of Epelde (2).
The following stops are the sulfur water spring of Urbeltza(3), and further down, the bridge(4).
In Alegia’s Madura we find beautiful fields and the remains of a dam and a canal that led to the mill(5).
This riverbank has maintained elements and remnants of medieval constructions in the monuments and toponymy: Jauregi, Church (former hermitage) , Gartziandegi (Hospital of pilgrims), Ostatuzahar, Miranda, Errota-Errementari, Butro, Armaindegi and pillory, Aroztegi, Agirre...
This district extends in the three directions that determine the confluence of two rivers: towards Itsaso, towards Gabiria and towards Ormaiztegi. The boundary marker of the three municipalities is located on the bridge, as such, it does not divide their neighborhood, but unites it creating the community of Alegia.
Going to Itsaso from Alegia there is Iburhipika(6), Okinarri’s ponds(7), and the remarkable 16th century historic heritage of Sarriegi(8).